Permanent Zip Code
1. Please tell us in detail about the following things. Write at least three or four sentences for each section.
a. How has your year been both spiritually and otherwise?
b. List any areas in which you are currently struggling.
c. Why do you want to return?
d. What are your goals and expectations for the summer?
2. Young Life Involvement (check all that apply):
WyldLife participantYL high school participantYL college participantWyldLife LeaderYL Leader (for high school)YL Leader (for college/university)YL Capernaum LeaderYoungLives LeaderWork Crew, Summer StaffYL Camp Summer InternYL Student Staff, None
3. Do you think you might bring a car?
4. Do you play any musical instruments or sing in public?
If yes, if there is a need, would you be willing to help lead worship for the summer?
5. Have non-prescription drugs, illegal use of prescription drugs, tobacco, vaping, or excessive use of alcohol in the past three months?* If so, please explain:
If yes, are you confident you can refrain from using these substances during the program?
6. Who was your previous small group leader?
Keeping in mind that ultimately your small group leader will be prayerfully decided by leadership, would you be excited to have the same small group leader or would you be open to a different small group leader?
7. Do you have any Young Life camp trips or other commitments you must keep during the program period? Family vacations or other entertainment related trips will not be approved.
8. Room Cleanliness (We can't guarantee anything!)
I agree to keep the following commitments:
a) I will stay for the entire length of the program, unless I prearrange a short leave for school or Young Life reasons. If I have to miss any of the program, I will keep up with the required study.
b) I will attend and be on time to all required meetings, and other functions.
c) I will submit to the program leadership and those in authority at work.
d) I will read the chapter(s) assigned each week, write out answers to the questions, and come prepared to small group discussion meetings.
e) I will spend regular one-on-one time with the leadership.
f) I will work willingly, cheerfully, and to the best of my ability at whatever job I am assigned. I will be at work each scheduled day, unless legitimately sick, be on time, and submit to the authority and regulations of leads and supervisors.
g) I will make every effort to develop closeness and unity with my cabinmates, be open and available to friendships with the entire community, include others in activities and avoid "cliques".
h) I will refrain from the use of tobacco, nicotine, alcohol, and non-prescription or illegal drugs the entire time I am living at either Discipleship Focus property--before, during, or after the program.
i) I will be “non-exclusive” and “non-physical” in relationships, both within and outside the program.
j) I will avoid bringing or using a personal laptop or desktop computer in my cabin during the summer, AND will refrain from bringing my cell phone to required meetings.
k) I will be in my own cabin and in my own bunk by the designated curfew times.
Signed* (note, this qualifies as a digital signature):